Christmas Thimble World 2012!!!

Although I got set up a bit late this year, Thimble World is finally complete and fully operational (that's my Star Trek tree in the back). Along with my annual Christmas thimble scenario, I decided to integrate thimbles into all my decorating. I had already been doing this with a few thimbles, but I added a few more this year. With that in mind, I will share my holiday decor with you.

First, you are greeted with a glowing, shiny holiday setup. There is a thimble with a bow between the reindeer of Santa's sleigh and the train in front of the deer is a thimble.

Turn your head and see a ceramic lighted tree. The drum with the hobby horse on top is the thimble in this grouping.

Look the other way, and you see lighted "candles." The candlestick is the thimble.



Next to that is a small scenario I built with a Santa house and aliens. LOL! Underneath the diorama is an anthology (now available) in which I have a story that I wrote based off of the diorama I built. Very paradoxical!



Of course I have thimbles in the kitchen. In fact, a nice shelf-full!

Along with thimble decorating, I have a thing about houses for decorating at Christmas (as you will soon see).

All of the figures came with the lighted village except for the snowman thimble out front. His color adds a touch of realism (to me).


 Behind the village, in the window, is another setup with thimbles included.

In the center, the Santa train is a set of three thimbles.

To the right is a cabin with Santa and Mrs. Claus thimbles.

And to the left is Rudolph peeking from under the tree!

I have houses behind the main tree, lining the window on either side. That's a Santa thimble on top of the house. The thimble base is a chimney and he's dragging his bag up the side.

The other side has a couple thimbles.

One is the bird thimble my daughter made for me for my birthday. Thank you, Sandie! I love you!

The other is a bit more hidden toward the back. It is a painted carousel next to the smaller building.

Of course, there is a thimble on the main tree. A partridge in a fir tree!  Again, thanks to my daughter.

And now, what you've all been waiting for! CHRISTMAS THIMBLE WORLD 2012!!!


Closeups starting from the left. I changed it around this year and put the farm country on the opposite end.

More cars. More animals. New trees.

Water planes. A balloon ride in the amusement park and you can see a balloon off in the distance (actually pinned into the mountains) to the right of the tree.

I'm still adding more to the Christmas Village part, since that is the main reason for Thimble World to exist.

New 3-D houses everywhere.

More new farm animals and new accessories. The two-piece observatory thimbles are still in their place at the top of the mountain. Even thimble world watches the sky!

I've made the transition to more 3-D house thimbles from the more plain (simply square) thimbles, although those are still my choice for the city. I am integrating the two designs for a more realistic feel. I've added more cars, more animals, and more accessories all over the place.

I added my rendition of where I work (handmade SawNet thimble) along with a radio tower.

I also included my hand made Crab Shack. The outdoor seating is attached.

Also new this year are free standing rocks to add dimension to the ground. These are lava rocks my coworker Tami brought back from a trip for me. Thanks, Tami! (There's actually more than these).

And, what Thimble World of mine would be complete without the weird in it? UFO to the rescue. 

And my Bigfoot thimble is out there hiding in the world amid trees.

So, there you have it. Another year, another Christmas Thimble World. The planets (thanks, Sandie!) are still overlooking my world with no Mayan end in sight! See you all next year!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, the planets do look good up there! The second picture down... I remember all those things from when I was a tot. Nod. I made that pine cone tree, didn't I? Lol You working on thimbles for every holiday?

    ReplyDelete