Halloween 2014 Evil Dead Cabin Details

I thought I would post (for posterity) thorough images of my Evil Dead cabin.  Although I hate close-ups like these because they make the houses look horribly put together, I think showing what I did in several photos gives an appreciation to the small details involved.

As you can see, this appears to be the Evil Dead cabin in its entirety. But, you may not know that it was actually much bigger for the movies. The movies (the originals) show the characters mostly in the main part of the cabin. However, the bedrooms are clearly in another section.

The porch would not be the Evil Dead porch without the swing. It was a nightmare (no pun intended) to make and put into place.
So, to be correct, I made two halves from two house shaped thimbles. Each half is made complete with doors and windows.
 
The back half has a large "eave" to slide over the roof of the front half.

I aligned the back door of the cabin to the "front" door of the back half. I made both back doors according to where the doors aligned in the movies.

 When finished, the two halves slip together to make one complete cabin.

 



Oh, the infamous shed. I made the shed from a Monopoly red hotel.

The rear of the house shows the off-kilter addition and the other side of the shed. I made the log pile which is seen at the back door as Ash runs from the creature in the woods into the cabin. I think my stack is bigger, though.
 
With the Evil Dead cabin complete, I thought I would include here my addition of the boathouse to the Amityville Horror house.
 
The Amityville Horror house. This was the HARDEST thimble house I have ever made. I finally included the boathouse this year. It is made from a Monopoly red hotel like the Evil Dead shed.

Since I never could get a red hotel on any property when I played Monopoly, I bought some without an intended use. Well, now I have a purpose.
 
Unless I figure out a house that I have omitted from my Halloween collection, I may finally be able to sigh in relief and not make any more. But, no one knows what else I'll come up with. Guess we'll just wait and see what 2015 brings to mind.
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN from ThimbleWorld!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment